mod_python - testers needed!

Andreas Jung ajung at sz-sb.de
Sun May 14 07:33:34 EDT 2000

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 10:35:26AM -0400, Gregory Trubetskoy wrote:

> OK People -
>
> The very first version of mod_python is available at
>
> http://www.modpython.org/
>
> I don't think this is time for an official release announcement quite yet,
> but I would like to make it known to the world that it is out there and
> that I need help testing it, as well as any other kind of feedback.
>
> Enjoy!
Hi Gregory,

I've been using your former code for a long time in one
of my projects. And mod_python seems to be a very good successor :)

I am currently reworking my own project PMZ (Poor Mans Zope,
pmz.sourceforge.net) to get working with Apache. However it
seems to me that your mod_python will be much better. So I can
think of an implementation of PMZ using mod_python.
PMZ is some kind of HTML-embeded Python. I will take a closer
look how it will fit together with mod_python. It would be
great to have a fast solution for combining HTML and Python
(similar to PHP3/4). What's your opinion ?

Cheers,
Andreas