python book recommendations?

Paul Winkler slinkp23 at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 01:48:29 EDT 2000

"Snoopy :-))" wrote:
> BTY: "Learning Python" is also a very good book, but as a Newbie I found it
> quite overwhealming, to the point, that I almost stopped learning Python.
> On the Other hand I am very happy that I bought the "Teach Yourself Python
> in 24hrs". I find it considerable easier to comprehend the concepts, etc.

OTOH, I got "Learning Python" and I've found that after reading just
the first half of the book and doing maybe 1/4 of the exercises, I
had a very good grasp of the language, including classes and
exceptions (both new ideas to me). From there the next step is to
skim the second half looking for useful bits, or poke around in the
library reference manual.

But then, it did take more than 24 hours. :)

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.