Deleting objects in Python 1.6

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Sat May 6 04:45:41 EDT 2000

Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> This is slightly unnerving ... (good to know, though) ... I want to
> write long-running programs in python that run user-supplied code.
>
> I take it all of these well-known problems will be fixed in python
> 1.6?

Some will, some won't.  I don't think you'll be able to completely
protect your process from arbitrary user code without rexec or
something of that ilk - I mean:

while 1:
   pass

is pretty unhelpful...

Cheers,
M.

--
  There are 'infinite' number of developed artifacts and one cannot
  develop appreciation  for them all.  It would be all right to not