Multithreaded Performance/Embedding

Warren L. DeLano warren at sunesis-pharma.com
Mon May 8 11:40:14 EDT 2000

Problem resolved...

    It turns out this was a dynamic library linking issue specific to XFree86/DRI
which silently falls back to software rendering when the accelerated hardware driver
doesn't load.  This caused rendering to consume much more processor time than usual
(in a separate thread), and make it appear that the pure C thread I was using to
evaluate performance was running much more slowly than usual.

Thanks for the help!

mailto:warren at sunesis-pharma.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Informatics Scientist