really silly nit: why 3+5j instead of 3+5i?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon May 15 12:27:12 EDT 2000

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 08:52:56AM -0700, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Sun, 14 May 2000 08:39:32 -0400, Paul Prescod <paul at prescod.net>

> 	1000l		1000I		1000J

*This* is the best argument for the use of J that I've heard so far. Not that
I care much either way, but at least this doesn't leave me with a nagging
feeling like the socket.socket() change did (before it was reversed.)

To note, I *am* using Courier, and I still consider the above code confusing
enough to warrant the use of J. Not confusing in the manner of 'does it say
l or i', but rather, 'did the original author mean 'l' or 'i'' ?

Still-not-using-complex-numbers-meself-though-ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>