Case sensitivity (Was: Re: NumPy and FFT)

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue May 23 22:06:17 EDT 2000

Courageous wrote:

> Well, there's always:
>
>         import big_fft
>         big_y = big_fft.little_fft(little_y)

There may actually be a serious point in there somewhere.

If we're robbed of the ability to use case for semantic
distinctions, we're going to have to adopt some other
conventions to make those distinctions. Then there's
room for different people and different modules to use
different conventions, and at least as much scope for
confusion -- probably more.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,