How to tell in site.py if python is being invoked interactively?

smst smstNOsmSPAM at bigfoot.com.invalid
Fri Mar 31 07:17:45 EST 2000

Randall,

In article <20000331062705.A1246035 at vislab.epa.gov>, Randall
Hopper <aa8vb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>You might want to consider my approach.  Subscribe for a FREE
Yahoo mail
>account, and just use that address to get list mail replies.
Just go to
>http://mail.yahoo.com (only takes 1 or 2 minutes).  Then put
that address
>in your "From:" line.
>
>Yahoo e-mail can be checked on-line, and I do it every couple
of days or
>whenever I feel like it (I only use this address for mailing
list mail).

I too have a Yahoo! account, and I check it from my regular mail
client.  They have instructions on how to do it, but briefly it
entails agreeing to some form of advertising (special offers in
your inbox, it's called "Yahoo! Delivers") and then setting up a
mail box on your client that points at pop.mail.yahoo.com with
your Yahoo! user name.

Take a look at the online Help Desk under "POP access and
forwarding" for more details.

Anyway, I realise this is off-topic but yours was a good tip
which I felt should be extended.

Don't-exclamation-points-in-names-make-text-hard-to-scan-ly y'rs,
Steve! Tregidgo
Software Developer
http://www.businesscollaborator.com