Chat system

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at nospam.cornell.edu
Sat Mar 18 19:31:19 EST 2000

Pada Wed, 15 Mar 2000 23:32:34 -0500, Chris Armstrong bilang:
| Okay, noted. Only thing is that the chat module itself shouldn't (well, wasn't
| planned) to have anything to do with sockets. inetd handles connections
| and just starts my game, and the chat system is just a plugin to my game..
| Although I guess I could still use the select thing.. Maybe with named pipes?
| (I don't know much about those.)

Well, you're going to have to have some way of communicating between
the server and the plugin anyway.  I don't know much about named pipes
either, but I'm pretty sure you could call select() on them.
There's also a method for curses windows, nodelay(), which will cause
getch() to be non-blocking.  Using this, you wouldn't even need select()
at all, you could just take turns polling the keyboard and the server.

--
cliff crawford    -><-    http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
"IS I yes wardrobe yield [the] evaluation."     member of A.H.M.A.D.