What is python?

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Wed Mar 29 09:21:19 EST 2000

On 29-Mar-00 vivekvp wrote:
 >  I have heard of python.  I am curious about it - could it be used on web
 >  application like perl?
 >
 >  Perl is interesting but the syntax is messy - but great for extracting
 >  data.  Is python usable in the same way?

The answers to your questions are yes and yes. And the Python syntax
is very clear IMO.

Fredrik pointed you to the Python web site. Good place. I can add

  http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python/instant.html

which is an introduction to Python for programmers. Also, there is

  http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python/programming.html

which is an introduction to programming (in Python) for non programmers.

Good luck!

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael