Can embedded static-linked python still import dll extensions?

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Tue Mar 14 11:21:26 EST 2000

I recompiled the Python sources for Windows with config.h and put this line
in:

#define MS_NO_COREDLL 1  // build a static library not a DLL!

Now it statically links fine, but it doesn't allow me to import .pyd files
(Python extension DLLs). Do you have to use the external Python DLL to allow
importing modules from DLLs, or can you statically link python but still
allow external DLL add ons somehow?

I want my embedded python deeply embedded but I still want to produce .PYD
style add ons for the system once it's in the field. Am I stuck?

Warren