Forth like interpreter

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Tue Mar 14 16:49:01 EST 2000

In article <38CF0975.5316B00E at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz>, Greg Ewing wrote:
>Well, you can't really compare speeds, because the last
>PDP11 implementation built was several generations of
>hardware ago...

Precisely my point.  :-)

>Not intending to fight a war -- just passing on something
>neat I noticed one day. Completely useless nowadays of
>course, and brazenly off-topic as well. Now back to our
>regular programme...

Well, I don't know.  The PDP11 is the progenitor of the 68K line of CPUs.
:)  All it really needs is near single-cycle execution, superscalar
architecture, and more registers, and there you have it.  :)

I think it should be called the PDP-2000, but I digress.  ;)

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II