uploading a binary file with ftplib

maxm maxm at normik.dk
Tue Mar 7 10:00:51 EST 2000

Maybe this function can be of some help?

###########

def FTP_GLOB_transfer(URL, TargetDir, UserName, Password, GlobExpression):
    ftp = FTP(URL)   # connect to host, default port
    ftp.login(UserName,Password)
    ftp.cwd(TargetDir)
    FileTransferList = glob.glob(GlobExpression)
    print URL, TargetDir, UserName, Password, GlobExpression
    for file in FileTransferList:
        FileName = file[-8:]
        print file
        TheFile = open(file, 'r')
        ftp.storbinary('STOR ' + FileName, TheFile, 1024)
        TheFile.close()
    ftp.quit()
    ftp = None

-ly y'rs