Forth like interpreter

John W. Baxter jwbnews at scandaroon.com
Mon Mar 20 21:47:22 EST 2000

In article <slrn8ddftm.jju.wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net>,
wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net wrote:

> Is this a big deal?  What problems are caused by a period at the end of an
> URL?  Or is this all as hypothetical as my old efforts to avoid it?

I simply leave the period off the sentence if it is inconvenient to use
it.  Similarly for sentences starting with things like the name of
something which is lower case:

int is a ... in Python.

Saying what you mean is more important than keeping your grammar
happy...besides, she's out in the kitchen making cookies.

  --John (who learned a smattering of LISP back in the late 50s at MIT,
where/when one could detect the LISP users by the stacks of cards
punched with 80 )s in their shirt pockets:  the batch interpreter gave
*no* output given a shortage of )s, but usually provided useful
information give extras, so one slapped a few ) cards on the end of
one's submitted decks <overnight turnaround is not as handy as what we
do now>)

John W. Baxter   Port Ludlow, WA USA  jwbnews at scandaroon.com