Checking Python version in a program

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Mar 3 13:20:56 EST 2000

Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se> writes:

> I've seen this sevaral times.  Someone has a problem, in this case Preston.
> He comes up with a solution that almost works and that requires several
> lines of code.  Then [Fredrik] jumps in and lo, there is a beautiful
> two or three line solution.

This is a bit like Randall in the Perl community, who at a time, was known
for his short solutions.  However, Fredrik has one important difference and
virtue, as his solutions are very legible.  There are a few people in the
Python community which gives solidity and continuity to its good spirit,
and I too highly praise their involvement.  Thanks for being there, guys!