Forth like interpreter

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Mon Mar 20 21:25:18 EST 2000

On 21 Mar 2000 00:48:51 GMT, Aahz Maruch wrote:
>William Tanksley <wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote:

>>>BTW, please don't append punctuation to URLs like that.

>>I used to make an effort to not append URL-legal punctuation to URLs (in
>>practice, this meant that I would always phrase my sentances such that
>>they did not end with an URL, so I didn't have to end one with a period).
>>However, after a while of doing that, I failed to find any email or news
>>programs which didn't know that filename URLs don't, in practice, end with
>>periods.

>Well, yeah, except for those of us who are using non-URL-enabled
>programs, where we cut'n'paste by hand.

I'll be glad to do whatever makes your habits easier -- but you should
consider that if it hurts to work this way, you're doing something wrong.
Even if I don't end my URL with a period I *have* to end with something,
and I don't see how it helps any more to have a > than a period.

FYI, I'm using slrn and either hand-marking my URLs (no problem) or using
a yank-URL program.  When hand-marking URLs, I depend on the fact that my
terminal program interprets a double-click as "mark adjacent alphanumeric
chars", and I have exact control.

No offence meant, and I'll try to write my URLs a little different.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley