some ASP questions

yosefgold at hotmail.com yosefgold at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 12 09:03:32 EST 2000

I have been experimenting with using ASP together with Python.  I have
a few questions:

1. I am having problems using the 'import' statement in the global.asa
file.  I have made sure the script language is set to python, but I
have been unable to get this to work.  I get an error when it gets to
the import statement.  Does anyone have any code examples that do this?
[My goal is to import a C extension module and make a connection to my
data source via this extension module - at application startup time,
and to disconnect at exit time.  This connection will be shared by all
users].

2. How do namespaces work in asp pages?  Does each page get it's own
namespace?  Do they all share one?  If an asp page declares a variable
as 'global' and sets a value to it, can other pages access it?  (I
know, you are supposed to use the Application or Session for
global/session data.  I want to know the answer so that I can
understand better how asp works)

3. Are there any "significant" examples available on the net of python
used for an asp application?

TIA
Yosef
yosefgold at hotmail.com