Returning from Tk

Michael Ackerman ack at simplyweb.net
Thu Mar 23 16:34:36 EST 2000

Hi,
  I'm trying to learn Tkinter, using the latest versions of Python and
Tcl/Tk on a Mac. I finally got it set up, thanks to help from Matthew
Barre. But I cannot find any way to return from a Tkinter program,
including the Tkinter._test(), to Python. Pressing a Quit button in such
programs puts me in some limbo between Python and Tk, where I'm stuck
with an unresponsive Tk menubar. Nor does Command-Q(uit) have any
effect. The only way out is to do a Force Quit. I'd be grateful for any
explanation of what's happening and advice on finding an untraumatic Quit.
                      Thanks,
                      Michael