redirecting output

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Fri Mar 3 08:30:08 EST 2000

Well, that's what I thought, but when I try it on my
non-recently-rebooted win95 I get:

Python 1.5.2 (#0, Apr 13 1999, 10:51:12) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> import os
>>> os.popen("dir").read()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in ?
    os.popen("dir").read()
OSError: (0, 'Error')

and I wasn't sure what to make of the error?

I figure rebooting may help, but I don't have 20 minutes
to spare at the moment.  (Don't ask, it's u*g*l*y)

More to the point thought, is how to diagnose this error?
Does the OS just not want to play right now?

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com