Rational-Rose and Python ...

Bill Scherer scherbi at bam.com
Wed Mar 29 11:25:56 EST 2000

Warren Postma wrote:

> A Rant on Modelling, Buzzwords, Etc, Since the Topic Came Up:

<snipped>

It sounds like the modelling wasn't your primary problem on that project.

I've had only good experiences using UML and iterative
analysis/design/implement/test.  This seems to be the norm, that is, some
people have bad experiences, and some have good.  Does that mean the tool or
the process is bad or wrong?  I don't think so.  More likely, bad experiences
occur when these 'software engineering' technologies are applied to projects
where it is inappropriate to do so, or the process/tool is applied poorly.

The industry has grown a bit since 1995, too.  It might be worth another look
for you...

-Bill