Self Nanny

Gaetan Corneau corg at copernic.com
Mon Mar 6 15:43:35 EST 2000

OK, I didn't make myself clear :)

1) *I* don't mind having to specify "self" in method definitions

2) *I* don't mind having to write "self.Something"

3) BUT I think that it would be *nice* not to have to specify "self" in
method definitions, and it would certainly help A LOT of newbies

4) if possible at all, not having to write "self.Something" would be cool,
but not as important as #3

And don't tell me #3 can't (technically speaking) be done :)

If I'm mistaken, then OK, only C++ programmers forget to specify "self" as
first parameter for a method, I won't insist, you know. If you really don't
care about C++ programmers (but remember, there are quite a few), fine.

There could be other solutions even if you don't want to change things: why
not emit a warning that you can turn off if you're an experienced Python
programmer?

Is that clearer?  ;)
   Gaetan Corneau
   Software Developer
   Copernic Technologies inc.
   http://www.copernic.com
   E-mail: corg at copernic.com
"Tu l'as trop écrasé, César, ce Port Salut"