Determining Ethernet HW Address

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at nospam.cornell.edu
Wed Mar 29 15:49:04 EST 2000

* Jerome Chan bilang:

| The question had a portable section :P which was my main question. I've
| need the ethernet hw address given an IP and the Python code runs on
| Win32 and Linux... so...

So are you trying to find the MAC address of the machine you're on, or
another machine on the network?  If it's a different machine, then
under Linux I would parse the output of arp -a, or try pinging the
machine in question and then use a packet sniffer to grab the ARP
packets.  I have >no< idea how to do this in Windows, though. :)

--
cliff crawford    -><-    http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
                                                       icq 68165166