question

Alessandro Bottoni Alessandro.Bottoni at think3.com
Fri Mar 17 08:49:38 EST 2000

	Hi Williman (what's your first name?),

	[Williman]
> I don´t know nothing of program's languages. I want to know to program in
> language, so that I try to do it with Python.

	[Alessandro Bottoni]
	Good Choice! It will be much easier than with many other languages.

	[Williman]
> I download Python 152 and the editor Zeus for windows. Some one told me
> that in others program's languages I do a program, I save it, then I
> compile and after that I run it.

	[Alessandro Bottoni]
	There is no need to compile a Python program. Python is an
interpreted language, like Basic and Perl. Compilation is required by
compiled languages like C, C++, Pascal and Delphi.

	Instead, you have to invoke the interpreter and pass it the name of
your program:

	c:>python myprogram.py

	(This works only if you have python in you "path" environment
variable, as it should be after a successful installation. See the Python
manual for details)

	[Williman]
> Yesterday, I did a program. It name is operatio.py.
> I would like to know, step by step:
> 1) How can I run it?
> 2) Which program I must use?

	[Alessandro Bottoni]
	You just need Python. Use a command line like this one:
	c:\>python operatio.py

	If you have your program in a different directory, use the absolute
path to reach it:

	c:\>python c:\my_directory\another_dir\operatio.py

	[Williman]
> Isn't easy for me to find that. Because to do a program, I must study so
> much, but I can't find that in the tutorial I download in www.python.org.
> Thank you very much.

	[Alessandro Bottoni]
	No problem. It is quite normal. Can I give you a suggestion?
	Buy this book:
	"Learning Python" by Mark Lutz and David Ascher
	(See www.amazon.com or www.fatbrain.com for the details)
	It is a very clear, well organized book. You will save a lot of time
and effort by reading it.

	See you

Alessandro Bottoni
(Alessandro.Bottoni at Think3.com)