Win32 problems: Popen3 and sys.argv[0]

vijaybaliga at hotmail.com vijaybaliga at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 17:29:02 EST 2000

1) I want to use popen2.Popen3 so that I get access to stdin, stdout,
and stderr, as well as be able to wait for the child process to
complete. The docs say that it is supported on Windows. However, when I
try it, I get "AttributeError: fork". win32pipe.popen3 doesn't tell me
when the child process exits. So how can I use something like popen3 on
Windows, and wait for the child process to terminate?
2) sys.argv[0] has the 8.3 filename. It looks very ugly. How can I get
the real filename? For example, if I have the file "c:\temp\Some long
name.py", and I print sys.argv[0], I get "C:\TEMP\SOMELO~1.PY".
Please cc me (vijaybaliga at hotmail.com) in your replies.
Thanks!
Vijay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/