Stackless/microthreads merge news

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Mar 13 13:05:10 EST 2000

wware at world.std.com (Will Ware) writes:

> The kind of thing you're looking for would involve interrupting the
> physical processor rather than the Python VM. Unfortunately, all your

Indeed. But what then are the applications for which one might
profitably use microthreads? It has to be Python code with no lengthy
C code execution nor any potentially blocking I/O. Can you really
get a measurable performance advantage over the standard OS threading?
I'd expect that the interpreter overhead should be more important than
the threading overhead. Or is it memory efficiency that you are aiming
for?
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr