Advice requested: GUI project beginning

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Fri Mar 31 11:35:36 EST 2000

claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote :

> In article <m12avmV-000wcEC at swing.co.at>,
> Christian Tanzer <tanzer at swing.co.at> wrote:
> 			.
> >IMO, Python has several advantages over Smalltalk:
> >
> >- scalability: Python supports tiny scripts and substantial
> >  applications equally well
> 			.
> 			.
> 			.
> I'm not sure what you mean by this for Smalltalk.
> Are you saying that Smalltalk is a big hammer to
> pull from the closet when you want to swat a fly?

Recently, I find myself writing Python scripts of 5 to 20 lines for
which I normally would have used the unix shell. I wouldn't use
Smalltalk for this purpose.

> Does Squeak not answer most or all of this objec-
> tion?

What is Squeak?

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36