appending a file

Lenny Self lenny at squiggie.com
Tue Mar 14 12:41:27 EST 2000

Hello.

I am a little frustrated. After looking all over the place ( Learning
Python, the Python Pocket Reference, Library Reference) I have been unable
to find how to append to the end of an existing text file using python in
any way other than reading the entire contents of the file out to a list,
adding the additional information, and then writing it all back to the
original file.  I know there must  be a better way to do this; for the life
of me, however, I seem to me unable to find it.

Can anyone help me out?

    -- Lenny Self
        lenny at squiggie.com