Python good for translating GUI built in Java?

Matthew L. Ginsberg ginsberg at once.cirl.uoregon.edu
Mon Mar 13 23:42:18 EST 2000

In article <slrn8cr9se.gh.daniels at localhost.localdomain>,
Alan Daniels <daniels at mindspring.com> wrote:
>BTW, just curious: What is it in Java that you find "badly supported"?
>I have my own compliants about Java, but lack of APIs or 3rd-party
>support aren't among them.

Let's see.  Principal complaint: between 1.1.7A and 1.2, they changed it
so that spawning a subprocess always pops up a dos window, which is
fatal for my app.  Sun has been completely nonresponsive to complaints
(mine and others) that they fix this.  In addition, 1.2 is 10MB bigger
than 1.1.7A, which is also bad news for me (the program I'm spawning
is a memory hog).  So I'm stuck with 1.1.7A, and awt is badly
implemented, with lots of bugs, etc ...

						Matt Ginsberg