Don't Laugh....

Dana Booth dana at oz.net
Tue Mar 14 23:44:55 EST 2000

Akira Kiyomiya <akira.kiyomiya at autodesk.com> wrote:

AK: I created one document called "module.py" by using my text editor  The
AK: "module.py" only has a sentense " print 'Hello World!'"  and that's it.

AK: I saved this file on my desktop and c drive, so I simply typed >>>module.py
AK: but I keep getting a message "Traceback <innermost last>: File "<stdin>",
AK: line1 , in ? NameError: module"

>From dos command line, try:

python c:\windows\desktop\module.py

The interactive interpreter has its reasons for being, but almost everything
you do will probably be interpreting a file like in the above example.

BTW, I'm also fairly new to using Python, but I've found it to fill a
perfect niche between the ease of Perl and the low-level abilities of C.
Anyway, the point being is that it's almost identical to Perl in how I call
it files from the shell, usually with a pound/bang in UNIX or as a command
line arguement in Windows. Good luck!

--
-----
Dana Booth <dana at oz.net>