C extensions to Python...how?

engsol at teleport.com engsol at teleport.com
Tue Mar 21 15:59:55 EST 2000

I'd like to learn a bit more about extending Python with C. I'm using
NT4.0 on an Intel platform. (Python newbie here, so please "Dick and
Jane" any responses)

Also, I'm using a simple C compiler called PowerC and PFE as the
editor. This works well, as I've written lots of C programs, and a few
Python ones as well using PFE....so far so good.

Now the problem:

I create a C file:

#include <stdio.h>
#include "c;\python\include\Python.h"   // per the book

int main(void)
{
}

and compile it....and get a ton of compile errors, although it seems
to find Python.h OK. I think that because the errors mention other .H
files referenced by Python.h

My PYTHONPATH is: c;\python\Lib
and regular path is, in part: c:\python\Lib;c:\python\include;

Any responses/help appreciated.

Norm