HELP: restore my faith in Python

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Mon Mar 6 02:49:39 EST 2000

On 05-Mar-00 Moshe Zadka wrote:
 >  On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Tim Peters wrote:
 > > Your fear of the binary point is much deeper <wink>.
 >
 >  Actually, no: both scare me equally. For what I do, 2 and 10 are just as
 >  bad -- it's the finite numbers of bits I'm fighting against. And I can't
 >  even take the rational way out: I have to deal with square roots and
 >  trigonometry.

Ahh, it's time to include extensions of the rational field. Let's get
more abstract. Abstraction is beautiful! And we need to represent
transcendental numbers consistently aswell.

Yes-I-have-read-Herstein-ly y'rs

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael