Make'ing PIL

Anders M Eriksson anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se
Fri Mar 3 04:05:13 EST 2000

Hello!

I'm trying to install PIL on my local account at my ISP but I can't
figure out how.

I have build the jpeg and zlib and installed them into $HOME/lib
$HOME/include, since my ISP doesn't want me to install them at
/usr/local

I then follow the instructions as Fredrik has written them:

cd libImaging
./configure
make

after a long while I get an error:

In file included from ZipDecode.c:22:
Zip.h:11: zlib.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [ZipDecode.o] Error 1

Now I guess that this has something to do with the fact that I didn't
install zlib at the default place(?) and that I should change some
path. BUT WHICH PATH AND IN WHICH FILE?

Please help!!
The OS is Solaris 5.6

// Anders
For the Swedes among the readers: Det är hos Algonet jag försöker göra
detta. Ifall ni undrar....