newbie file writing

Matthew Barre mbarre at mac.com
Wed Mar 1 22:20:17 EST 2000

I just finished reading the Learning Python book and working my way through
the tutorial on python.org. I'm completely new to programming so sometimes I
don't know where to start. For my first project I'm writing a small email
client. Right now I have it support multiple accounts with alias's and
checking for mail. I can even get the emails downloaded, but the next step
is giving me fits. here's an example of what I'm trying to do

inbox = open('inbox','w')
tempinbox = server.retr(numMsgs)
inbox.write(tempinbox)

I get the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in ?
TypeError: read-only buffer, None

I know the key is probably something simple, but I'm stumped. One more
question would be: besides the online docs are there more specific detials
on the rfc8** module to parse email headers?

-Matt
---------
"Ray! When someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!!" -Winston Zedmore