Trying to display a BMP image

Willie Peloquin wpeloqui at ismi.net
Fri Mar 24 18:48:25 EST 2000

Hi,

I am trying to load a BMP image and display it in a label. I am pretty
new to using PIL, and I have not used Python in quite a while. I will
appreciate any hints!

When I try to run the viewer.py script (Windows NT). I get the
following error....

TclError: invalid command name "PyImagingPhoto"

I made certain that the _imaging.dll is in the Python DLL directory.

I am using the following bit of code, and I am having no luck....

img = Image.open('im000001.bmp')
img.load()	#tried with and without load

print 'mode = ', img.mode
print 'size = ', img.size

pi = BitmapImage(img) #or PhotoImage(img)

Label(liveRawF, image=pi).pack(side=TOP, expand=YES, fill=BOTH)

Thanks,

Willie

Willie Peloquin
esi - Vision Products Division