Is it Python or is it C ?

Philip 'Yes, that's my address' Newton nospam.newton at gmx.li
Sun Mar 12 09:54:49 EST 2000

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 23:15:51 GMT, Charles Hixson
<charleshixsn at earthlink.net> wrote:

>So (Pascal,
>I believe) programmers started telling their editors and copy-readers - put it
>EXACTLY as I have listed it.  Don't move the punctuation.  So...
>print "What do you want, NOW?"

Nice example I saw somewhere: imagine a sentence from a 'vi'
documentation that reads "Then delete a line by typing 'dd'." . If the
editor "optimises" this to "Then delete a line by typing 'dd.'" (moving
the dot inside the quotes), the newbie might type "dd." and delete *two*
lines :-) ('.' repeats the last command in vi).

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <nospam.newton at gmx.li>