How to tell in site.py if python is being invoked interactively?

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 07:27:17 EST 2000

Alex:
 |No, I just have control over the python program they're going to use.

Ok.

 |Sorry about the bogus address.  If I set the Mail-Followup-To header to
 |the list address, won't replies to my messages that are CC'd to the
 |newsgroup show up twice?

For mailers/newsreaders that support this header, it shouldn't.  Those that
don't (if any in use), they'll ignore it, so no there too.  Also IIRC, as a
fall-back SMTP filters out duplicate addresses on To: and Cc: lines (though
not between them).

For e-mail, this is what I use.  For news, you may want:

http://www.newsreaders.com/misc/mail-copies-to.html

 |On the other hand, a null address means mail people send me just
 |disappears...

IIRC, these headers are only looked at when the user does a "mass mail"
such as a news post or a group reply (includes mailing list).  Personal
mail should fall back to Reply-To: (or From: if not set) addresses.

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com