Invoking a external program from a script

Olav Viken ovi at autornica.no
Wed Mar 29 06:05:54 EST 2000

I'm trying to make a python script to do a file-converting job for me on a
webserver. To do the converting I use a Visual Basic app. with a command
line interface. When run from the command line it works fine.
The syntax I use in the python script is:
os.system('start converter file-in file-out')
The converting is actually done, but the program "converter" do not exit,
(it remains in memory) and the script stops.
If anyone can help me in the right direction I would be thankful

Best regards Olav
.