Sending email from Win95 Outlook

Anders Eriksson ame at swipnet.se
Thu Mar 9 17:33:03 EST 2000

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 22:08:27 GMT, "Mark Hammond"
<mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>"Anders M Eriksson" <anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se> wrote in
>message news:lc=HOEIriEL5CN67ZYdc0B88rS9s at 4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:31:57 GMT, kapu at ee.oulu.fi wrote:
>>
>> If you want to send the mail via Outlook you should look up MAPI and
>> the PythonWin 'examples'. In the book 'Python Programming on Win32'

>It is worth noting that MAPI only works if you have a MAPI enabled
>server - basically this means you need Exchange Server or IBM Domino.

Hmm I forgot that ;-)

>Although there probably is a COM object model exposed by OE, I suggest
>just using the smtplib module as suggested by others...

Yes with the CDO (.which is the new MAPI.) You can use it with OE even
if Microsoft claims that you have to have an Exchange Server. So it's
not supported! (.but it works.)

So as everybody has said (me twice) use the smtplib

// Anders