Anti- Re: De-compiler for *.pyc files

Chunk Light Fluffy meowing at banet.net
Sat Mar 11 00:10:55 EST 2000

Shichang Zhao wrote:
> If I make a product using Python, that means someone gonna be able to
> decompile it and peek the source?

Well, they can do that with any executable.  Binaries from compilers
can be run through disassemblers, for example.

> Than how do I protect my private part?

Pants.

> (no misunderstanding, I am a person supporting Open Source, but you know,
> if you work for other companies, they may not like the idear)

Yup.  Companies do need to learn that their software is vulnerable to
reverse engineering in just about any form it can be usefully
distributed.  Use a solid license and back it up with solid lawyers.
It's not very fancy technology, but it stands a better chance of
actually working.