Drag'n'Drop with Tkinter: Author of Tkdnd.py? (was: Tkdnd.py - someone ....)

Peter Funk pf at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu Mar 16 05:08:23 EST 2000

Hi!

I hate to followup on my own post, but two weeks ago I asked:
> * Who ist the author of the standard library module 'Tkdnd'?
> * Is there somebody out there, who has successfully used this
>   module in an application?
> * Is there anybody out there interested in an improved generic
>   Drag'n'Drop Framework for Tkinter, possibly supporting xdnd?
>   (see http://www.newplanetsoftware.com/xdnd/ for details)
>
> I've searched the Web and looked through the Misc/HISTORY file and
> was unable to find something useful.  Any hints appreciated.

Since I haven't seen any responses so far I assume the author of Tkdnd
vanished from the readship of this newsgroup.  And there are not
many people interested in portable Drag'n'Drop GUIs. :-(

Well, in the meantime I've come up with a modified version of Tkdnd.py,
which I used to implement some kind of Drag'n'Drop aware Listbox
based on Tk text widget.  However this is still somewhat limited.

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Fax:+49 4222950260
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Str.8, D-28359 Bremen)