Python steals show at developer conference?

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Fri Mar 31 18:49:47 EST 2000

> In the 27 March 2000 issue of the UK newspaper 'IT Week', I
> noticed in the table of contents a link to an intriguing story
> entitled "Python steals show at developer conference".
> Unfortunately I cannot find said story, and I suspect they may
> have dropped it! Does anyone have an idea what conference they
> were referring to (my guess is Software Development 2000)? And
> have you come across a similar story elsewhere?

I haven't seen such a story in the press, but it certainly felt that way to
me.

Quote from an attendee who had just bought a Python book: "The Python buzz
at this conference is so thick I just had to buy it!".

--David Ascher