itoa

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Mon Mar 13 21:44:36 EST 2000

Stuart,

I recently needed what may be similar to what you're
asking for, and I wrote a small set of functions
that allow for:

>>> print dec(bin(12345)) # signed decimal of binary
12345L
>>> print hta(bin(12345)) # hex of binary
3039
>>> print ath(hta(bin(12345))) # ascii of hex of binary
09
>>> print dec(ath(hta(bin(12345)))) # signed decimal of prior
12345L
>>> print asc(bin(42345)) # ascii (unsigned-decimal) etc...
42345L
>>> print hta(bin(42345))
a569
>>> print ath(hta(bin(42345)))
¥i
>>> print asc(ath(hta(bin(42345))))
42345L

If you're interested, I'll e-mail you the module.

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com