Python advocacy

John Nielsen nielsenjf at my-deja.com
Fri Mar 3 21:44:19 EST 2000

Go take a look at www.linuxtoday.com.

You'll find lots of comments there. (You'll probably have to go back a
day to when it was posted).

I am a reasonably long time perl programmer, whose found lots of fun
w/python.

I've written virtually identical code in both systems (using some
complicated data structures) and I was impressed that (being less
experienced w/python), I could pretty much write it w/out reviewing the
python documentation.

It helped that I had already written it in perl first, but I was still
impressed, that as a newcomer to python, I could just spit out the code.

I don't think the other way around would have been true (writing it in
python first, then just spit out the perl code).

Tom Christiansen posted an excellent comparison of perl and python back
in august. And, he has some criticisms that are worth looking at.

john

--
nielsenjf at my-Deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/