Hidden Modules

Calishar calishar at *NOSPAM*home.com
Fri Mar 17 07:11:25 EST 2000

Hi Folks,

  Couple of days ago I was workingon setting up a clietn server
database, and wanted to handle passwords by using a standard
encryption (I wanted MD5). Did a search on Deja to see if anyone had
implemented it, and surprisingly, I saw a message saying all I had to
do was import the MD5 module.

  Well, I looked through all my python directories, and there was no
MD5.py file, but I had faith (think it might have been /f who posted
the message) so I tried it, and surprisingly enough, it worked.

  So my question is.... what other modules are setup the same way, and
how is it done? Are they just parts of the __builtins__ directory? Is
it done this way because of the US gov'ts rules about encyption/

  Sorry, guess thats more than one question, was reminded about this
when I saw a message thi morning asking forthe SHA module

Calishar