mxODBC SQL Type error with MS SQL Server

Bill Hunter bkhunter at best.com
Thu Mar 30 03:25:35 EST 2000

The mysterious type that mxODBC cannot handle on SQL Server 7 is
"nvarchar" - unfortunately this is the default that SQL Server
attempts to use for character strings!

mxODBC works fine against fields that are not character strings, but
heck, over half my fields are nvarchar ... true for many other
people, I conjecture.   Guess I will look at some of the other ODBC
wrappers that are floating around.

How big a deal would it be to add a type to mxODBC?  And would it be
in Python or in C?