What If Python Replaced Elisp?

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Fri Mar 10 14:12:27 EST 2000

In article <pcoya7tdnty.fsf at math.ntnu.no>, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

>| >[...] wildly minimalist, especially compared to Emacs.
>|
>| Compared to Emacs, what isn't?
>
>Windows?  Or any other product from the same company?

Good point.

>Or, closer to home for most emacs users, what about X11?

One might argue that it would be hard to come up with a
portable, network-transparent windowing system that was much
simpler than X11, while it is possible to come up with a
simpler text editor than emacs.  But, that assumes that the
only requirement for an emacs replacement is editing text...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  And furthermore,
                                  at               my bowling average is