FTP hangs on close

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Wed Mar 8 08:33:31 EST 2000

Hello!

   Yesterday I reported consistent hangings with urllib.urlretrieve - on
some FTP sites urlretrieve just hangs forever.
   I added debug output into urllrib, and found that it just cannot close
FTP connection. Here: file urllib.py, class addbase, method close -
        if self.fp: self.fp.close()

   On most URLs in my database this worked perfectly, but on some sites
urllib hangs, and the only thing I can do is to kill the program.
   Anyone can give an advice - why it cannot close the FTP connection?

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd at phd.russ.ru