Self Nanny

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Mon Mar 6 10:56:37 EST 2000

In article <C5A7720BDEB7D3118A5200E018C200A021DAC3 at EXCHANGE>, Gaetan Corneau wrote:
>> Yes, I went so far as to define a macro so I could use self.* in C++.
>
>Ah, c'mon guys: having to declare self may or may not be fun,
>but the fact is that it is a gotcha for newbies, so I think
>self should be passed implicitly to methods.

It's only a gotcha for newbies who think that C++ is the entire
world.  Those of us with a Smalltalk and Modula-3 background
were perfectly happy as Python newbies with the current "self"
semantics.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  YOU PICKED KARL
                                  at               MALDEN'S NOSE!!