Python for non-programmers

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Wed Mar 1 14:51:49 EST 2000

On 01-Mar-00 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
[A long, and still very interesting article about the problems of
 teaching Python to a non-programmer, especially pointing out the
 geeky language used in the official tutorial]

I do understand that it doesn't work to hand the tutorial to a non-
programmer. I would never dream of doing that to my wife. She's a
teacher (history, literature, and the Swedish language). But I think
that I could try to start with "Instant Hacking - Learn how to program
with Python" at

  http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python/programming.html

written by Magnus Lie Hetland. Magnus has also written a tutorial
called "Instant Python" that perhaps could be the next step. It is
found at

  http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python/instant.html

All this assumes she is interested in programming, which she is not
(yet). Of course I would still have to help her through, though.

Good luck!

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael