"Worse is Better" and Python (was Re: Off Topic: looking for a paper)

Chris Ryland cpr at emsoftware.com
Thu Mar 23 16:55:50 EST 2000

Interesting. I hadn't read that paper in a while (referenced below).

Re-reading it, it hit me that Python may be what Gabriel was hoping Common
Lisp would become (though not fully, as Python's IDE isn't even up to what
the best Common Lisps had years ago).

In particular, the whole "How Lisp Can Win Big" section seems to predict
what Python independently became. Or did GvR read that in 1991 and take it
to heart? ;-)
--
Cheers!
/ Chris Ryland, President / Em Software, Inc. / www.emsoftware.com