CGI????

Harry George hgg9140 at seanet.com
Fri Mar 3 15:18:53 EST 2000

Your cgi script is a normal python script -- which means it needs the
normal python infrastructure (e.g., the interpreter and the std
libraries).  If your homepage is on an ISP which does not support
python, that could be trouble.  You could ask the ISP to install
python, so you can use it.

Remember, if you usually do

#!/usr/bin/env python

You may have to do:

#!/usr/bin/python  (or whatever the actual absolute path may be)

(It is probably a poor idea to try to pick just a few of the std
libraries to upload, since you need the interpreter anyway.)

--
Harry George
hgg9140 at seanet.com